T-shirt or silk blouse? Dress or jeans? Jogging bottoms or suit? Your wardrobe depends on how – and how quickly – you answer these questions each morning. Ultimately, your chosen style reflects your personality. Likewise, your wardrobe needs to suit you and your dress style. Otherwise, you risk starting your day under a cloud of frustration – before it has properly begun.
So grab a coffee, cola or glass of wine – and complete our quiz. Once you’ve answered these seven questions, you’ll know your ideal wardrobe type. And we’ll also tell you how to quickly put together the perfect wardrobe to suit your style.
Simply answer the questions, make a note of your points, add them up at the end and read the evaluation.
1. Off the top of your head, can you describe the garments in your wardrobe?
- Yes (3 Pkt.)
- No idea (2 Pkt.)
- Not in detail. But a sports shop is just as chaotic (1 Pkt.)
2. How long does it take you to choose your outfit in the morning?
- Depends on whether I’m out and about or going to the gym (3 Pkt.)
- Who chooses their outfit? (1 Pkt.)
- At least half an hour (2 Pkt.)
3. When did you last buy a new item of clothing
- Yesterday (2 Pkt.)
- Don’t know (1 Pkt.)
- When these cool new trainers came out (3 Pkt.)
4. How often do you clear out your wardrobe?
- When it’s full (1 Pkt.)
- Before every new season (2 Pkt.)
- When I feel like my life needs some new momentum (3 Pkt.)
5. Do you prefer to hang your clothes on a hanger or put them in compartments?
- I hang everything up as far as possible. It looks better that way (3 Pkt.)
- I don’t need a hanger for most of my clothes (2 Pkt.)
- Whatever, all that matters is that the clothes are in the wardrobe (1 Pkt.)
6. Would you show your best friend/girlfriend the inside of your wardrobe?
- Oh dear, that would be a bit embarrassing (2 Pkt.)
- Yeah sure, after all I’ve invested a lot of money and time in it (3 Pkt.)
- Why not? There’s nothing special about it (1 Pkt.)
7. You receive a surprise invitation and have to be ready to leave in ten minutes. What would you wear?
- Clean jeans and a fresh T-shirt – always looks good (2 Pkt.)
- Whatever I’m already wearing… what’s the big deal? (3 Pkt.)
- At the very least, something I’ve not worn recently (1 Pkt.)
Congrats Your life is too exciting to waste time organising your clothes. That’s why your motto is: wardrobe open, clothes inside, wardrobe closed.
Your best bet is to choose a large, basic wardrobe. But don’t forget a few drawers for smaller items like socks and underwear – otherwise you’ll waste precious time searching for them.
Wonderful! Your life is a real goodie bag that often lets you surprise even yourself. Sometimes you’re an adventurer who lets everything lie wherever it falls to impress you new flame. At other times, you like to whip the house into shape before spending a cosy evening in front of the TV. You exist somewhere between genius and insanity, or just between chaos (type 1) and orderliness (type 2). For you, clothes are everyday items which you only want to think about on really special occasions. You therefore need a large wardrobe that lets you separate your evening wear from your everyday style. This will ensure everything is within easy reach.
Wow! Everything in your life – and your wardrobe – is in the right place. Many people envy you for this. You also don’t burden yourself with unnecessary things, be it clothing, false friends or senseless actions. Everything you do is well organised and thought out – both at work and in your leisure time.
You’ll only be happy with a sophisticated wardrobe system that includes internal elements and compartments at different heights. A walk-in wardrobe would be ideal. It need not be big, just perfectly configured.
Give me five! Unlike most of your contemporaries, you spend more time sitting on a bike saddle than in an office chair– you devote as much time as possible to sports. And you look the part too – great figure, good mood, casual clothes.
When it comes to choosing a wardrobe, you should be pragmatic. It must be able to hold all your stuff – especially your trainers and sports gear. Large compartments are useful, for example for sports socks and running or cycling shorts.
Perfect! You are the epitome of the fashionista. Always stylish, your finger is always on the pulse of the latest trends – you’re even a trendsetter yourself. Fashion is a crucial fun factor in your life.
Your wardrobe must be one thing above all else: BIG! Ideally you need a whole dressing room with all kinds of cabinets, compartments and drawers to accommodate all your clothes.